This pillow is handcrafted from African mud cloth which has was made in Mali
CENTIMETER to INCH conversions:
30 x 50 cm = 12 x 20 in
40 x 40 cm = 16 x 16 in
50 x 50 cm = 20 x 20 in
40 x 65 cm = 16 x 26 in
60 x 60 cm = 26 x 26 in
- The pillow is fitted with a white cotton backing and a hidden zipper
- Every pillow from this textile will look different because of the print layout
ABOUT MUD CLOTH:
- The cotton is hand-harvested and woven. You may find bits of the husk in the weave which have not been removed
- Due to the fact that this is a handmade fabric, there will be slight variations in color and texture.
- Mud cloth can have discolorations especially vintage pieces - I do my best to disclose if a piece has color variations
- The charm of these fabrics is that there are imperfections. The designs are hand-drawn on the fabric rather than printed so expect there to be an organic feel to the design
- A set of mud cloth pillows will never be identical due to the hand-printed patterns but I do my best to cut them as similarly as possible
- Mud Cloth is dyed using locally harvested mud, leaves, tree bark, and tea leaves. If it is washed it will lighten. You can hand wash it in cold water however be advised if the backing fabric is white there is a small chance it will become darker
- DO NOT wash this in the washing machine - it will shrink and lighten
- The pillow insert is not included. I have chosen to offer my pillow covers in sizes which are typically available in places like IKEA and H&M where you can choose down or synthetic fill inserts
- Please keep in mind that I always use IKEA and H&M inserts and your own insert may have more or less fill and therefore the cover may be tighter or looser than as shown in the listing
CUSTOM ORDERS AVAILABLE: Please contact me if you're looking for a pillow cover in another size
I make all of my own pillows
Shipping from The Netherlands
1-3 business days
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Returns & Exchanges
I gladly accept cancellations
Request a cancellation within: 1 hours of purchase
I don't accept returns or exchanges
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
** Comprehensive Return Policy **
As your pillow is made to order, I do not accept returns or exchanges. This covers the below scenarios:
- Custom orders
- Bulk or Negotiated orders (5 or more pillow covers)
- Damage to mudcloth / vintage cover if used outside of decorative purposes. We recommend decorative use only for mudcloth and other vintage covers.
- Discounted / Sale items
- Damaged / Used items
- Customer is responsible for return postage
- Seller cost to ship item(s) to you will be deducted from refund amount
Define "Imperfections" (Mudcloth & Indigo Textiles)
Mudcloth and Indigo textiles are made almost entirely by hand. Imperfections that should be expected include:
-Pattern variations / asymmetric pattern and seam placement
-Design and paint smudges
-Textile nubs and pulls at seams where panels are sewn together
It is widely accepted that these unique attributes are not defects.
We adhere to extremely high standards in our production process, but it is important to stress that these textiles are inherently imperfect (and undeniably beautiful!)
When available, all of our drop down menu options list pillow cover sizes. We suggest using a pillow insert 1-2 inches larger than pillow cover for a stuffed look. (ie 20x20 insert for a 19x19 cover)
There may be small variations in the finished size, as our pillows covers are handmade.
Please read individual item details before purchase.
When will this ship?
Your pillow covers are lovingly made to order. We are as excited to make them as you are to receive them! We ask that if your order is still inside the shipping window detailed in item descriptions and order confirmations, please refrain from sending convos requesting shipping estimates. Blocking time to investigate and respond to these convos slows production.
We gladly ship internationally. Customers are responsible for any applicable customs / import taxes.
Every computer monitor has a different capability to display colors, so actual colors may vary. We try to edit our photos to be as accurate as possible, but we cannot guarantee that the color you see accurately portrays the true color of the product.
Mudcloth & Vintage Textiles:
Each textile is one of a kind. Shade and depth of color will vary from one textile to the next. Natural Mudcloth is made from an unbleached cotton is more of a cream/ecru.(not white or off-white)